Homemade from scratch, no-bake chocolate caramel cake balls are soft and has a gooey centre. It is a perfect dessert table idea for birthday parties, bridal showers, hens parties & baby showers.
I bake a lot of cakes for my blog and surely I have a lot of offcuts. some, end up in my tummy, some, end up as taste testing 😉 and the rest I was not quite sure what to do, so I created this amazing recipe that I can make using all my cake scraps.
I recently developed a recipe for chocolate swiss roll, oh my god so divine. I had a few offcuts, so I froze them and then used it to create this recipe. The best part is you can freeze the offcuts and thaw them as needed. it doesn’t really matter if it has frosting or glaze in it, it just gets smashed up and turned into a ball.
To make it interesting, I included a caramel centre, when you bite into it, it oozes out, ummmmm that feeling 🙂 and then I coated it with a bar of chocolate from Three Chocolatiers. Premium chocolates handcrafted in Sydney. I personally love their range of chocolates. I have used the 56% dark chocolate and Milk chocolate salted caramel crunch, to get that extra dose of caramel flavour and crunch.
Is this similar to chocolate-covered cake balls and cake pops?
Yes, it is even better than that with the oozing centre
Best chocolate for dipping cake balls?
A blend of Milk and dark chocolate is always good as it gives a good creamy taste. The chocolates I used are 56% Dark chocolate and Milk chocolate salted caramel crunch from Three Chocolatiers. These two chocolates worked perfectly well as it gave a good chocolate flavour and a crunch from the salted caramel crunch.
What do I do if I don’t have cake scraps?
You can make a chocolate cake from scratch, click here to get my best moist chocolate cake recipe. Or you can buy a cake box mix from the supermarket if you are in a hurry or buy a ready-made cake from the supermarket. But trust me you will want to make my moist chocolate cake recipe, because its truly the best.
You can also try my other desserts
How to make No-bake Chocolate Caramel Cake balls In 20 Minutes
Step by step guide how to make chocolate caramel cake balls
No-bake chocolate caramel cake balls In 20 Minutes
- Double boiler
- 60 g Dark Chocolate
- 60 g Milk chocolate salted caramel crunch
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the cake scraps in a bowl and break down with fingers, you can also blend it in a food processor until they’re like fine breadcrumbs
- Shape small balls using hands and flatten it. Place 1/2 tsp of the caramel mixture in the middle then shape it into a ball ( if the caramel is too sticky, add oil to the teaspoon or hands)
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (Double boiler), once melted take it off the fire and let it cool down slightly
- Using a fork, dip each ball into the melted chocolate, making sure to completely coat each ball. Place on the lined baking tray and repeat with the remaining balls. Put in the fridge and leave the chocolate to harden. Once the chocolate has set, store the balls in an airtight container.