Strawberry crumble is the world’s easiest dessert. Why because this can be prepared in less than 15 minutes and requires very less effort. This dessert is a strawberry explosion in your mouth and I have a secret weapon that is my special crumble recipe. This crumble recipe is something I have carried from France and trust me when I say it, its the best crumble you will ever taste.
I used to make a lot of apple crumble back in the day and this specific crumble recipe, was also a part of the apple crumble that I used to make in France. But during summer strawberries are so popular and I have seen a lot of strawberry crumble on my Instagram feed lately, so I thought I should give it a try as well, and honestly it didn’t disappoint me. Strawberry is one of my favourite fruit, so anything to do with strawberry will always win my vote.
In Sri Lanka the time I was growing up, we didn’t have access to strawberries quite easily. well, it was not available in supermarkets, But I do remember because strawberries were grown in the hillside whenever we visited the area, we visited a strawberry cafe, there are quite a few cafes like that, that only sells strawberry dishes like strawberry milkshakes, strawberry pancakes, strawberry crepes. we used to overdose ourselves with strawberries. After going overseas, I was definitely not short of any strawberries 🙂
Strawberry crumble without oats
Many crumble recipes out there are made with oats but my recipe is made with almond flour, butter sugar and flour. it is so delicious, I am even thinking of making a cookie recipe out of this base. Try out for yourself and you can be the judge.
Easy strawberry crumble
There is a reason why I am calling this the easiest desserts of all time. It’s easy as 1, 2,3
Mix all strawberry compte ingredients together
Mix all ingredients for the crumble together
Bake in the oven
Easy strawberry crumble dessert
This is one of the recipe that is so easy to make for a large crowd, as it can be made in advance and baked just before serving.
Frozen strawberries or fresh strawberries
You can use either. Strawberries grow for a season so, If you want to enjoy a strawberry crumble when it’s not the season, then use frozen strawberries, I had to make this dessert at a time strawberry was not in season which means it’s so expensive and is not the best quality. Therefore I used frozen strawberries.
Frozen strawberries are actually easier because you don’t have to cut the top off and cut them into halves. its already prepared and if you are time poor definitely go for the frozen strawberries.
The sweetness of the strawberry compote
Depending on the season strawberries will have different sweetness levels. so the sweetness I have listed on the recipe will need to be adjusted depending on the sweetness of the strawberries. Taste the strawberries first and adjust the sugar level accordingly.
What to serve with strawberry crumble
Vanilla ice cream
Other strawberry desserts
Watch how to make strawberry crumble
Step by step recipe on how to make strawberry crumble
Easy Homemade Strawberry Crumble Recipe
- 250 g Strawberry Fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Water Tap
- 30 g Sugar White
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 50 g All-purpose flour
- 50 g Almond flour
- 50 g Sugar White
- 50 g Butter Unsalted
- If using fresh strawberries cut the top off the strawberries and cut in half, if using frozen, usually it comes top off and cut in half.
- In a medium bowl place the strawberries, corn starch and toss well to coat
- Then add sugar, water, vanilla and give it a good mix pour the strawberry mixture into an ovenproof tray. leave aside
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a food processor or cake mixer with the paddle attachment mix all ingredients for the crumble together until it is well mixed and sticks together like a dough
- Using your hands break it to small chunks and place it on top of the strawberry mix. leaving a gap around the tray, so that you can see the strawberries from the sides.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the crumble is golden brown and the strawberries have broken down into a soft compote
- Let it stand for 5 minutes, then serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream