It’s not your usual weekend and you feel a bit fancy and want to go all out to impress someone or many people. well, I got the perfect recipe for you.
This grapefruit mocktail is absolutely stunning and flavoursome with the addition of the syrups from soda press co.
I personally love their syrups as they are organic and taste exactly as the promised flavours. My personal favourite is the pink grapefruit syrup. They have a huge range of flavours. Another great thing about soda press co is it is crafted for the soda stream.
I have created a mocktail recipe with an espuma froth that is so delicious, the only thing is you would need an espuma machine to do the froth but if you don’t have one, don’t worry about it, as this recipe can be made without the froth and it will be equally delicious. this is a refreshing mocktail that is not too sweet. its made with syrup and sparkling water or soda.
Refreshing Grapefruit Mocktail
Its light and fresh and only need 2 ingredients, Sparkling water or soda and the syrup. you can garnish it with thyme leaves, lemon and top up with ice
Then I created a dessert ravioli to go with it. Yes yes, you can make dessert ravioli as well. sounds fancy enough? I think so. I have made a jelly then shaped it like a ravioli then filled with chopped citrus fruit. This can be used as a canape or a dessert idea.
Can I use fresh grapefruit juice in this recipe?
Yes, you absolutely can, but you will need a lot more grapefruit juice to get the balance of flavour. Since the syrup I am using is concentrated, I only need a little bit. Also, the amount of gelatine needed will need to be adjusted as the acidity in the grapefruit will react very differently with gelatine.
You can also check my other beverages
Watch how to make Grapefruit Mocktail & Sweet ravioli
Step by Step recipe how to make Grapefruit Mocktail & Sweet ravioli
Sparkling Grapefruit mocktail
- 100 g Grapefruit syrup Soda press co
- 100 g Soda water or sparkling water
Grapefruit froth & ravioli
- 120 ml Grapefruit syrup Soda press co
- 400 ml Water Tap water
- 7 Gelatine Leaves
- Add ice cubes to a glass and add grapefruit syrup
- Top it up with soda and stir
- Place the syrup and water in a pot on a medium heat
- In a seperate bowl add ice water and gelatine leaves and leave aside for 10 minutes to soak
- Once the gelatine leaves are soft, add it into the heated syrup mixture and whisk well to dissolve
- Divide the mixture into two ( one part will be used for the ravioli and one part will be used in the espuma)
- Add it into the espuma machine and leave in the fridge to cool down
- When ready to use it on the mocktail, insert the gas into it ( you would need three gas fillers) and pipe onto the mocktail
- Add a cling wrap on a bottom of a shallow tray
- Pour the rest of the mixture onto the prepared tray and refrigerate for at least 4 hours
- After the jelly is set cut rounds of the same size. Fill with chopped citrus fruit, then place the second jelly round on the top.