Who doesn’t love ice cream??? I learnt to make ice cream when I was in France. The French had a very particular way of doing ice cream and oh boy, the technique needed to be perfect. The process of making ice cream involved making an Anglaise then cooling it down and putting it into an ice-cream churner to do its magic.
Coming from a chef background, I was so convinced that you cannot get the same texture without an ice cream churner, well my own principles proved me wrong. This recipe only needs 3 ingredients to make the perfect ice cream.
Now you can take this recipe as a base and add any flavouring as you wish by simpling replacing the coffee with the flavouring of your choice but the quantities may differ. you can always taste and see if the flavour is sufficient.
Fresh fruit ice cream will be slightly different, I will do a recipe on a fresh fruit ice cream soon 🙂
No Churn Homemade Coffee Ice Cream
- Stand Mixer
- 150 g Condensed Milk
- 200 g Cream Thick cream, Whipping cream, Heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp Instant Coffee Can substitute for any other flavouring (Cocoa powder)
- 2 Tbsp Water Tap water ( Omit water if not using coffee)
- Combine Coffee and water to dissolve
- Place the dissolved coffee and Condense milk in a bowl and whisk together
- Beat the cream in a stand mixer or handheld mixer until stiff peak forms
- Gently combine the cream and the condensed milk until incorporated. At this point, it will deflate the whipped cream but it will give a smooth batter
- Pour it into an airtight container, cover with a cling film or a baking paper and close it with a lid. (The reason behind placing a baking paper is to stop it from having freezer burns, this provides an extra layer of protection).
- Freeze it for 12 hours.
- When serving, leave it outside for 2 minutes until it softens to a scoopable texture.