Nutella stuffed pancakes recipe, now this dish is definitely a treat. Can you imagine treating yourself to a fluffy pancake filled with oozing Nutella!!! and when you bite into it, it’s like the taste buds are doing a little happy dance in your mouth, well that might have sound weird but that’s exactly what I felt eating this.
Now I have to be honest I am not a mid-week pancake eater. Monday to Friday its always the green smoothies & chia seeds but when the weekend arrives, all hell breaks loose and I indulge with all the yummy goodness. I think I deserve it to be honest. Nutella pancakes make it to my weekend menu all the time.
So a simple trick I do to make my life easier, I make the pancake batter in a large quantity, so when I wake up on Saturdays I only have to add my wet ingredients together, this way I save time and don’t have to remake pancakes every Saturday. I am using my fluffy pancake recipe as the base for this dish. if you like to have plain fluffy pancakes, definitely check my recipe out!!!
When I used to work in a five-star hotel in Sydney, we used to serve little packets of Nutella for breakfast in our room service menu and one of the chefs I worked with, loved putting them in the freezer and when I questioned him, why was he freezing Nutella, he actually looked at me and said: don’t tell me you haven’t had frozen Nutella!!!!, and at that moment I had to taste it, to understand what was this hype about the frozen Nutella, well it was like eating a bar of chocolate but a Nutella chocolate!!! genius idea!!! don’t you think? from that day I was obsessed in adding frozen Nutella everywhere 🙂
Can you make Nutella stuffed pancakes ahead of time?
Yes, you can, if I do a brunch for a crowd I usually make them ahead and reheat before serving. But these can be also eaten chilled or at room temperature even as a snack.
How to reheat Nutella stuffed pancakes?
Best is to warm it in the microwave until its warm
What else can you fill pancakes with?
If you don’t like Nutella!!! hmmmmmm I really like to know if anyone on this earth does not like Nutella!!! but if you don’t, then you can also make stuffed pancakes with:
Flavoured toppings (if you have any leftover flavoured toppings that you use for ice cream except caramel flavour because its too sticky)
Can you make it with store bought pancake mix
Yes, you can, but making pancakes are super-duper simple, especially when you can make the mix in advance and bottle it, so if time permits, then make pancakes from scratch.
How to make Nutella stuffed pancakes
The million-dollar question, so how do we make them, ok there is a trick, you cannot just apply the nuttella into the pancake, you will need to freeze nutella disks then insert it while making the pancake. This will ensure that nutella oozes out when you eat as well.
Why isn’t my Nutella stuffed pancakes perfectly round shaped?
Ok, let’s admit it getting perfectly round pancakes are super hard. so what I do is, especially for the Nutella stuffed pancakes, I use a circle mould and cook it inside this round circle, so it doesn’t go all over and look like a square pancake.
Do I have to freeze Nutella for this recipe?
Yes, you need to freeze not refrigerate but freeze. because if you don’t freeze it, it’s very hard to make the pancakes.
You can also check my other breakfast recipe. If you enjoy my Nutella stuffed pancakes recipe please share it with your Facebook friends and leave a comment below.
Watch video how to make Nutella stuffed pancakes recipe
Step by step recipe on how to make Nutella stuffed pancakes recipe
Nutella stuffed pancakes
- Nutella (As needed)
- 190 g All-purpose flour
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 310 ml Milk Fresh
- 60 g unsalted butter Melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Place a baking sheet on a tray. Scoop 1 tbsp of Nutella onto the baking tray and shape it like a circle. Repeat the process and make 6 circles
- Freeze the whole tray unwrapped in the freezer overnight.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, and add salt, sugar and mix together using a whisk
- Microwave the butter until melted
- In a separate bowl add, eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla and mix together using a whisk
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together using a spoon or spatula gently. Don’t whisk it, gently fold it. It doesn’t have to be lump free. It will have a bit of lumps after mixing.
Cooking Nutella pancakes
- Heat a non stick pan on a medium fire and add butter
- Once butter is melted scoop ½ cup of pancake batter on to the middle of the pan
- When it is slightly cooked, place a disk of frozen Nutella on top and add a tablespoon of batter on the top to cover. Once it has set slightly flip the pancake using a spatula and let it cook on the other side.
- If getting a round shape is difficult, read the article above for tips and tricks
- Serve warm